We are a Union of City Employees
Joined Together to Improve Public Services and Build Strength for Working Families
The Houston Organization of Public Employees is the only civilian city workers’ union in Texas. HOPE Local 123 represents municipal employees and is dedicated to improving equal opportunity, economic growth, education, liberty, and justice for all. Since winning its first labor agreement with the City of Houston in 2009, HOPE Local 123 has grown its membership to include public workers in every city department.
DISASTER RELIEF FOR MEMBERS
Dear HOPE Members,
As you know, our community was hit by rain that caused immense flooding throughout the Gulf Coast region. Our hearts go out to those who have lost loved ones and to those working to put their lives back together.
If you or someone you know needs help, please let your union know so we can help guide you to resources and assistance. Email us at email@example.com or (832) 962-4506.
Here are some starting points:
- If you need to submit a flood report, call Houston 311, download the Houston 311 app on your mobile phone, or visit houston311.org.
- If you need shelter, the Red Cross has set up several shelters across Harris County.
- If your car was towed, visit findmytowedcar.com or call (713) 308-8580 to find out where it was taken.
- For legal questions related to the flood, contact the State Bar of Texas (800) 504-7030.
- If you would like to volunteer at a shelter or donate supplies, visit www.volunteerhouston.org.
- To donate to the Greater Houston Storm Relief Fund just established by the City of Houston, go to www.houstonrecovers.org.
Get up to $250 Cash Back for Switching to AT&T!
Members who move from another provider to AT&T are eligible to receive a $150 rebate from Union Plus.
Whether you are an existing AT&T customer or are switching to AT&T, you are eligible for a rebate of up to $100 from Union Plus when you upgrade to a new smartphone with an AT&T data plan.